Based around the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines the program helps to develop every child’s social, emotional, physical, intellectual and language abilities.
This program is delivered daily through a play-based learning environment.
Throughout the year, every child will be given many opportunities and experiences to develop the many skills that will be required now and into the future. Our school readiness program is all about getting them ready for school and to ensure they have the key skills to be successful.
Throughout the year there will be key elements that we believe are important for children to learn moving forward. These include the following:
- Building up their confidence and self-identity
- Making friends and cooperating with others
- Exploring ways to care for and respect the environment
- Making decisions and choices independently
- Strengthening their fine and gross motor skills
- Expressing their thoughts and feelings through music, art, dance and play
- Building positive approaches towards learning
- Developing speech, reading, writing and numeracy skills
In Kindergarten children will flourish with all the unlimited opportunities provided to them, the biggest one being that the children will have the freedom to explore and experiment, with no limitations on their individual learning journey.